RMEF WI Bugle Days Rendezvous is scheduled for September 11-13, 2015 in Clam Lake, Wisconsin.
This weekend event offers opportunities for hard-working RMEF volunteers to get up-close and personal with our bugling Wisconsin elk herd. This weekend offers elk-centric field trips, boots-on-the-ground habitat project, a social dinner on the elk range with our DNA specialists, friends and local communities.
This weekend includes:
- WI DNR led tours of the Wisconsin elk range on Saturday & Sunday mornings – early!
- UPDATE: a “boots on the ground” work opportunity – lunch provided by the WI DNR: This year’s work even will be the dismantling of the Thornapple/Haystack acclimation pen
- UPDATE: An outdoor RMEF dinner at the Day Lake picnic area catered by Hayward’s new restaurant “Old Southern BBQ” http://www.oldsouthernbbq.com/home
- UPDATE: WI DNR Big Game Biologist Kevin Wallenfang will provide an update of both WI elk herds: Black River Falls and Clam Lake
- We’ll be having opportunities to support RMEF through memberships, donations, raffles and the 2016 Big Gun Calendar sales!
For more information on Clam Lake, Wisconsin’s Bugle Days, visit our Bugle Days Web Page.